Saturday, February 7, 2009

Joy in the journey with Laughter

When I leave Ella's hair au natural it does some awesome crazy stuff. You may have seen some pictures in the past. Who would have known that someone could look so cute with such crazy hair. I love to leave her hair down and crazy for two reasons though. One it absolutely makes me smile and laugh. The other reason is that it shows how long her hair really is and also the amazing color that it is. The wonderful thing I want to mention about my husband today was that he let me leave for a few hours this afternoon with my mom and sister. No kids! There is something about being just a sister or just a daughter and not a mom. Sometimes we all need a break from the demands of motherhood and I am so grateful that he would let me leave and take over all of the duties. So some days this is a good thing and somedays this is a bad thing, but I love that Jaxon is so easily entertained by movies and TV. Like I said somedays this is good and somedays not so good. But I am grateful that he is easy going (most of the time). I was talking to a friend this morning about how life is just good. There are hard things, but we can always find something to laugh about and have joy in. So, if you are having a hard day just thing of President Hinckley and Sister Hinckley. Amazing examples of enjoying the journey with a lot of laughing a long the way!

2 comments:

Gates & Tausha said...

it's true...always good in everything...:) i love the hinckleys! :)

Johnsons said...

Glad you got some time. It always helps.