Friday, February 20, 2009
Dump truck potty and Valentines
Something about my husband that I absolutely love is that he is pretty healthy. His mom tells a story about when he was young and asked what he wanted for his birthday dinner and asked for vegetables. There you go. He is actually a great example of healthy eating for me. He loves healthy food. He hardly ever complains that I don't often cook with meat and do so very sparingly once I cook any. He loves my vegetarian cooking. Also he doesn't over eat. He is very aware of his hunger and just doesn't over do it. He also is not like me in that he doesn't eat when he isn't hungry or bored or emotional. Once again I love having his awesome example around and I love that he thinks I am a good cook. Ella received her first Valentine the other day. It was so cute! Her grandpa Jack gave her a flower. Okay, so she herself is too young to appreciate it, but the thought was so cute. I will add a picture of it some time soon. My little Jaxon is a smart kid. Like he can often recognize things that he sees over and over again, such as Wal-mart etc. The other day a book was handed to him and without anyone saying anything he said, "the shapes book." Which is exactly what it was, but we hadn't ever even read it! Smarty. Also funny story about Jaxon. I have never really given an effort with him on potty training. I just haven't been in the right place and he hasn't quite been cooperative. So, our efforts thus far have lasted a couple of hours at a time. Well, I asked him the other day basically if he was scared of the potty and he said yes. So, I figured get him a potty seat and it will be magic and easy. So, we go to three different stores finally having to go to Wal-mart. Grrrrrr! Anyhow so I figure guide him, but let him choose. He looks at the ones I show him and basicall says no thank you. But then goes on to choose basically one of the most expensive ones. So, after a phone conversation with Isaac we go for it. I wasn't thrilled with spending the money, but figure hey it is about the price of one month of diapers...So, Jaxon thinks that it is a toy he sits on and pushes around...So, thus far he has yet to go potty on it. He did actually sit on it for a few minutes which was a major accomplishment. Yeah, but an advice would be greatly appreciated!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I just had to wait until Sax was ready, he was two weeks from his 3rd birthday when we were finally done with diapers. Boys are hard to potty train, which is bad because i have one more to potty train :(
ahh the joys of potty training- good luck
Hannah thinks it's a toy too. She peed next to it on the bathroom rug, so we're getting closer.
It'll happen for him.
Post a Comment