Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Tree house

Isaac keeps bugging me that I haven't updated the blog. I told him that he could do it...but it looks like it hasn't been done so, I will do it! This post may be silly, but I need to do it for the good old days. When I was growing up there was a tree house in the neighborhood. It wasn't really in anyone's yard so we all sort of claimed it. I am still unsure of who built it, but it was a really good one. It progressed over the years and actually was rather amazing. all closed in with a roof, separate sort of rooms and such, a little deck, a door that shut, and really good steps to get up to it. When we were younger and would want to play or get together we would often meet at the tree house. We would go to have lunch there often. You can imagine all of the fun things we did there. Then funny thing when I was in high school and hanging out with Isaac a little bit I would take him there. It seemed sort of fun. We had some serious conversations there and learned about each other. I remember basically telling him goodbye there before he went on his mission. And if memory serves me right I think we went back there after his mission when we were actually dating. For some reason this tree house has some major sentimental value to me. Well the other day my mom told me that it fell down. Just fell out of the tree. I guess since I am 27 years old the thing has served its days. I am still sad to hear that it is not there anymore. I haven't actually seen it. It might make me cry. I don't think that it has been played with much for years, but the memories that I have there are sweet and lasting.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That's a cute story.

Sheila said...

I know this is a forever ago post... however... I do remember playing in the tree house with u! Fun times!