Tuesday, March 23, 2010
On my mind
So, I am a SAHM. Many moms are unable to do this, but somehow we make it work. In the last little while I have been thinking a lot about this and I know some of the ways we make it work. We have one car that is all. I usually am found walking or running places with my jogging stroller. Most people in my neighborhoods get to know me (if only by sight) pretty quickly because we are always around. We won't be taking any big vacations this year or probably next year for that matter. I won't be going to Gap or Gymboree to buy my kids a new spring wardrobe. I am going to sell some old stuff at a consignment sale and then use that money to buy them some new things at that same consignment sale. I am a major couponer and always trying to learn the newest tricks to save on diapers, wipes, bathroom supplies, and most of all groceries. We often find the fun things to do that are free, like this past weekend we went to the circus at the library. Kind of silly, but the kids thought it was great. I guess the point of my rant is that it is hard to be a SAHM but well worth all of the sacrifices that it takes. I have my days where I would much rather be heading to work, but I know that I will never regret the sacrifices or the day spent with my kids!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love staying home with our kids. No question it is very worth it. We're a one car family too but Serge is able to bike to work most days.
Post a Comment