Thursday, November 6, 2008

Colored Water and a new president

Okay, so the thing about blogging for me at the moment is that I would update this probably every day except for the fact that I don't have the ability (camera) to put pictures up every day, so I feel like people will not really care about my rambling. But would rather see pictures. The truth be told this is really more for me and my family to look back on memories. So onward and forward with posts and no pictures. I will add some later. So, this is a good one. Jaxon has a book from the library called "Colored Water." I guess I am a little ignorant and when I got it I thought it was about like um you know rainbow water. Well, basically the book takes place back in the day when there was a "colored" water fountain for black people. But the book is from a child's perspective and the think the fountain is some amazing flavored water. So it shows some of the black peoples struggle in that time and basically how those children didn't see color in people. So, great message we have read it to Jaxon a few times. Well, I have heard him say colored water a few times the last few days and didn't think anything of it. So my neighbor gets picked up by a friend frequently who just so happens to be black (is that politically incorrect...sorry if it is...basically this whole post is, oh well!). Yesterday we were hanging out in the garage and the neighbors friend pulls up and I hear Jaxon say colored water. I wasn't really sure what he was saying at first so I got him to repeat it and asked what he was talking about. He then pointed at the car and said colored water. I think that my child thinks black people are called colored water. So, this may not be funny to you, but it sure was funny to me and Isaac. And oh, by the way we now have a colored water president. Interesting! And at the moment that is far as I am gonna go with the presidentially politics discussion. On a side note about politics, Jack (Isaac's dad) is gonna be back at the Legislature for another term! Yeah. We are really hoping to be able to go and see him and be more involved the next two years. Congratulations Jack we are so excited for you!

2 comments:

Coretta from Confetti said...

I was caught off guard by that book too! My nephew yelled in the checkout, "look, mom that man is Chocolate!" My sis didn't know what to say, but her daughter ever the older sister jumped in, "No, he's not made of Chocolate, don't say that."

Gates & Tausha said...

hahaha....ok that's SOOOO funny....so funny.