Jaxon has had multiple costumes for the last two Halloweens. I am not sure why it works out that way it just has. We have a good friend who always seems to supply us with cute costumes which I am usually too frugal (sounds better than cheap) to buy. So this year she gave us a dinosaur costume which Jaxon was excited about because he is so into Barney. Which by the way has come a long ways. If you hated Barney like I did when it first came out you should give it another shot. I saw an old episode on the internet the other day and was reminded why we disliked it so much. It was really bad, but it has gotten much, much better. Granted it is still a big furry dinosaur, but still much better! Back to Jaxon being a dinosaur, also one of his friends was a dinosaur so it worked well because they were cool together. Then I sewed him some scrubs. The top turned out amazingly well. It was totally free hand I was so impressed with myself. But the bottoms sewn from a pattern were such a joke. Lesson learned, just kidding. So we just put him in khakis and the scrub top with his doctor kit and he looked so cute. I love costumes that can be seen as costumes or not. If you know what I mean. So, we did the whole trunk or treat thing with our ward which was the dino costume. Then Halloween day we basically only went to like 3 friends houses. Jaxon is not old enough to care and I don't need to candy! The big excitement of the night was that Ike and I went to a movie, yes a date how fun is that! When we got home the house was absolutely rocking. Our neighbors were having the loudest party I have heard in a very long time. It went until about 2 or so in the morning. Apparently I am a pretty good sleeper because I fell asleep with it still going strong!
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Dinosaurs, Doctors, and Peas in a Pod
Jaxon has had multiple costumes for the last two Halloweens. I am not sure why it works out that way it just has. We have a good friend who always seems to supply us with cute costumes which I am usually too frugal (sounds better than cheap) to buy. So this year she gave us a dinosaur costume which Jaxon was excited about because he is so into Barney. Which by the way has come a long ways. If you hated Barney like I did when it first came out you should give it another shot. I saw an old episode on the internet the other day and was reminded why we disliked it so much. It was really bad, but it has gotten much, much better. Granted it is still a big furry dinosaur, but still much better! Back to Jaxon being a dinosaur, also one of his friends was a dinosaur so it worked well because they were cool together. Then I sewed him some scrubs. The top turned out amazingly well. It was totally free hand I was so impressed with myself. But the bottoms sewn from a pattern were such a joke. Lesson learned, just kidding. So we just put him in khakis and the scrub top with his doctor kit and he looked so cute. I love costumes that can be seen as costumes or not. If you know what I mean. So, we did the whole trunk or treat thing with our ward which was the dino costume. Then Halloween day we basically only went to like 3 friends houses. Jaxon is not old enough to care and I don't need to candy! The big excitement of the night was that Ike and I went to a movie, yes a date how fun is that! When we got home the house was absolutely rocking. Our neighbors were having the loudest party I have heard in a very long time. It went until about 2 or so in the morning. Apparently I am a pretty good sleeper because I fell asleep with it still going strong!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment