Thursday, November 6, 2008

Road Trip, but not for us


So, we finally got the long awaited visit from my parents. I say long awaited because it took them a whole month to get here. Okay, okay let me explain the made a huge circle. Starting with a quick visit to Washington to see Saralyn, a quick break at home, on to Minnesota to see Monte's new stomping grounds, then to some church sites, followed by Mississippi to re-visit their mission, just before us they traveled the big state of Texas to see Paul, and then last but certainly not least was a warm visit to Arizona. I felt a little bad because it was rather warm while they were here and since they left it has been amazing. Oh yeah and they went home to snow! Sorry mom and dad! I wish that I had some awesome adventures to talk about while they were here, but mostly they just hung out with us on our day to day things. It was oh so nice to feel like I had a little freedom with a car and a baby-sitter. What a wonderful feeling. We did take them to Ike's b-ball game, for gelato, a ride on the little bus to the park, the produce co-op with me, Stake conference, and our Halloween fun. We loved having some visitors and no matter how many times we have family come I think it will be easier when they leave and it isn't! So, thanks for staying with us for a few days mom and dad!

No comments: