Saturday, November 15, 2008
One of my three great loves and our sad day....
In my life I have three loves! Okay so many more than that, but let me be honest there are three at the top of the list. If you know me very well you can probably name them off pretty quickly. So number one is Isaac. Ask anyone that has known me since I was 16 years old. I fell pretty hard! Second loves came a little later. One has the most gorgeous dark, chocolate brown eyes you have ever seen and his name is Jaxon. Along with that love is the sweetest little crazy haired girl. So of course number one and two on the love list are easy. Well, the third has been a love since long before I ever had children and even before I met Isaac. When I first met Isaac this love was often involved in our relationship! So, this love is running. There is just something about it I can never explain to someone else. I have tried to share the love with others. Some have gone away from me with a new love and others just a little less hate for running. When I was about 13 or 14 years old I went for a "run" so I could be prepared for High School track. It was a little early, but I just wanted to be ready. Well, I guess you could say the seed was planted. That first day I ran I went a total of three miles, but I am sure that I walked much more than I ran. I remember being so excited to tell my mom what I had done. I wanted to tell my coach that I could already run three miles straight. Well, so the love continued all through High School. Isaac and I both ran track. I ran Cross Country, where my love grew deeper and deeper. I would come back from the summer and be so excited to get going on the year only to find out that not everyone else had been training/running the whole summer. Was I really that strange? When I was a junior I got bit by a bug while helping with the Top of Utah marathon. I couldn't stand the fact that it was the first year ever and all I was doing was directing traffic. The next year I had a few friends running it. That was an even harder year. I did have the chance to do a few half marathons during this time frame. Then after graduation I finally was able to run a marathon. I loved it! Sounds kind of sick right. Well I have now run 4 marathons total. There has been a major gap since my last one due to well another one of my loves coming first. I am hoping to be able to run one sometime soon (within the year, maybe). So, the reason for this long rambling post....I really let one of my loves down and now I can't sleep until I make some kind of peace with it. My current running partner (I have had so many great ones!) Alisha, and I have big plans for Thanksgiving. We are going to run a 10 mile race. Super exciting and I have been looking forward to it since we decided to do it. Well, we have been trying to get a 10 mile run in for the last few weeks. Today was the day. I have been so excited all week long for the big day. It has been a very long time since I ran anything over 6 miles. I have been missing LSD (long slow distance). So the thought of doing 10 miles really made me giddy. I set everything out last night. All of my clothes, extra water, gum, snacks, etc. I was so prepared except for one minor flaw. We were trying to start our run a little earlier than usual to get it all done in time. Well in my late night tiredness I forgot to change my alarm to the earlier time. So, when my alarm went off and the delirium began to shake off I realized that I had missed my long awaited date with ten miles. It was too late to be able to do it all in our needed time (kids, husbands, work ...you get it). Okay so I think I may have a little bit of a problem because I honestly wanted to cry. I just cannot describe to you how awful I felt. First of all my sick friend got out of bed in the cold to come and meet me only to be stood up. I don't do that because I want to run so bad that if someone will meet me I am gonna be there. Oh....so I will let you all know how the 10 mile run goes. I think I may have to do it on Monday. Sorry great love, I won't disappoint you. I will make it up to you somehow...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
oh geez how SAD!!!!! sorry camie...cry it out...just CRY IT OUT!!! (i'm sorry you were sad! tahts poop with all the anticipation!)
Sorry you missed your run! Wish I was going to be there to run with you on Thanksgiving... although I don't know if my love of running has quite made it to 10 miles. Someday! You and me! Top of Utah!
Good Luck!!!
I feel your pain!!! I sure miss you as a running partner. I wish this was the 'on' year so that we could run Thanksgiving morning together! Oh well.
Post a Comment