Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My thoughts

Sometimes I just need to write how I am feeling and suddenly I feel better. I usually do this in my personal journal, but for some reason feel like doing it here this time. So, life is hard sometimes. Not just for me or my family, but for everyone. I have been thinking a lot lately how much time we spend thinking about ourselves. Just stop and think about it. Probably like 99% of my thoughts are about my house (or lack thereof), my food, my kids, my endless list of to-do's, my calling, etc, etc, etc. It is amazing how we can just let the what-if's or the have nots of life take over and make us feel so darn bad. I went to Wal-Mart yesterday (I know, bad choice) and was amazed that almost all of the people I saw were not smiling and most looked down right miserable. Life has been difficult for us the last year, but what I am learning is that #1 Money does not=happiness and along with that lack of money does mean misery. It is so much a choice. I am having to learn that I need to be happy in whatever circumstance I find myself. And as always I am learning to rely more fully on the Lord. It seems that lessons are so hard to be learned and it seems to take me much longer to learn. The people in my life is what brings me joy. And two of the most important are demanding my attention. The end!

No comments: