Friday, October 23, 2009

Comparing

I was just thinking...why do we as women compare ourselves to others. It seems to be a constant battle for me to not compare myself to others in sooo many areas. I am always putting myself down because I don't think I am as good at whatever as someone else. I know that this is something that Satan does to make us as women feel bad about ourselves. He knows that if we become immobilized because we feel that we aren't good enough he has stopped a huge force for good. We weren't meant to be the same as others. That is the silly thing. It is awesome and amazing that we are different. My talents may be different and if I compare them (which is never an even thing anyhow) they may seem lesser, but the truth is that I am me. I am a daughter of God and he gave me a certain mixture of talents. We are told to work on our talents and improve them, but to feel bad because someone else's blog is cuter or they have a bigger house is allowing Satan to win. Let's not let that happen! Any one have any good suggestions for not comparing ourselves to others?

2 comments:

Gates & Tausha said...

it's totally a girl thing. but you're right, a satan thing too. at first i seem to compare and want what they have, and then when i realize they can teach me THEIR talents that i don't have (like you did with me...gardening, jamming, sewing, running, etc..), then i realize the power of everyone being different, with different talents.

The Draxler Days said...

so true Tausha....the hard part is just not letting it hold you personally back. I love learning from other people!