Thursday, October 16, 2008
Phoenix vs. Mesa
Okay, so this may seem very silly to some people, but I think it is funny! I am sorry if this story is about you and you take offense to it....So something I have noticed while living in Arizona is that here in the big valley people are particular about where they are from. In other words if you ask someone if they are from here they will quickly specify. So, if they are from Phoenix (proper) they will let you know, but on the other hand if you ask they will also clarify if they are from Mesa! I am not sure what the battle is between Phoenix and Mesa, but ask anyone and they will definately, quickly let you know which team they are on! So, does anyone else notice this where they live?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Ha. Everyone here says there from Logan when they're talking to someone from out of state.
I know where we live we always specify if we are from the City Center or the Ranches. It's supposedly all Eagle Mountain, but there is like a two mile pass between the two populaces and there is some serious division.
I'm from Scottsdale, but I just say Phoenix, so then I can avoid the whole, "Oh... you're from Scottsdale." comment. Then, I think it's more of generalizing the location you're from.
East side: Mesa
South, middle, and North: Phoenix
West: Glendale
I don't know, that's just how I categorize it. ha ha.
We like to say Ahwatukee now. Mostly because neither of us can remember how to spell it. But, we still have a Phoenix address. I know what you mean about the Mesa thing, though. We've been corrected a few times.
Michelle
Post a Comment