Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Good mom, good mom, good mom

This was my chant as I ran our ward 5K (awesome idea, I know, the 5K I mean not the chant) with Jaxon last night. I had anticipated that he would sit in the stroller or not go at all. But the sweet little boy really wanted to run his "marathon". So with his Sunday shoes on that are much too big to stay on very good (also known as his "easy" shoes, because they come on and off very easily) we start running. I had to push down all of the competitive in me and repeat the above mantra over and over again. Jaxon did so well though. I wish I had been smart and put on good shoes for the poor guy. It actually ended up being a great interval workout for me. Jaxon would run for awhile, then tucker out and get in the stroller, then I would take off at a crazy woman speed trying to catch up to people, and then we would repeat the process. Jaxon seemed so excited and proud of himself. I love that he is getting excited about running. I might have a runner on my hands!

No comments: