Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial weekend

Isaac and I talked about how Memorial day is really just a day off from work for most people and how in the past years it has mainly been that for us. I love any chance to be with my family, but we decided that we need to make sure and memorialize a little more next year. I am actually excited for what that will entail for us! We did take the chance to try and explain a bit to Jaxon about what the day meant. Our weekend started off with a drive up Little Cottonwood canyon. There is still snow up there and we made sure to have a little snowball fight. Jaxon didn't want to leave. We fell in love with some of the houses and condos up there! Beautiful! Then we went for a very mini hike by the temple rock quarry. Jaxon is taking after is daddy and loves to collect rocks. He had quite a pile he wanted to bring home. After our hike we had a BBQ with my sister and went to the REAL soccer game. So fun, who'da known! Then we went to Bear Lake after church on Sunday to get a way and relax. We were able to go golfing. Jaxon came along and did incredible well for a four year old. He didn't actually do much golfing, but mostly just rode in the cart, watched, and putted around a little. The excitement of the day for me was hitting over a little pond on the course for the first time in my life! I was SO excited. Actually ended up being a good hit even after bouncing off the rock! I love to watch Isaac golf. He is so good, wish he could golf more often, and that I could go with him to watch more often.
Jaxon felt extra photogenic today!
Ella not so photogenic
We have spent a lot of time lately doing this
That is as good as it was getting with all of us in the sun

1 comment:

Malisa said...

What a cute family. We miss you guys.