Sunday, June 13, 2010
Calling
I have a new calling (fairly new, I've been doing it for a couple of months). I am the Junior Primary chorister in our ward. This is a position I would rather not ever be in. I am not completely comfortable with music, unless I am singing with a large group. I don't really know how to lead...I know the pattern, but not sure how to actually do it with the music. Anyhow, I accepted the calling and have been doing my best with it. Well today was one of those days I just left shaking my head. Jaxon is brand new Sunbeam this year. I never realized just how much Sunbeams could struggle until this year. Man on man they are a handful. Poor teachers. Well when I lead I am up there front and center and get a pretty good view of Jaxon and his behavior. So he has been doing so well for the last little while, until today! He was so naughty. And there I am trying to lead and make it fun. All while I see him and want to just up and leave and take him out. Oh man. Trying to learn to teach kids (funny learning to teach) meaning our own children is such a process. I often feel like it is such a process of trial and error. I am so grateful for the moments when Jaxon talks about the gospel, or says a heartfelt prayer, or loves his sister. Some days these moments are few and far between. But again so thankful for the tender mercies that happen in life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Must have been something in the air! My girl gave a talk today in Primary and it was like I gave her caffeine for breakfast! I couldn't believe how she was acting! I feel your pain!
I'm really worried about moving and getting a new calling. Nursery is awesome. I think we'll just stay in our ward until we actually move into a house. Good luck.
I know exactly how you feel about trying to learn how to raise and teach these childre of ours. It is trial and error. And the times that they do something so well, truly are the most gratifying moments, and they are worth it. Someday we will look back and say, oh those were the good old days. Kinda sad to think about, so we just got to enjoy every moment with our kids, because they do grow up too fast. Good Luck with the chorister, you will do great.
Post a Comment