Wednesday, May 26, 2010
I need advice
So, potty training! I think it is a really fun part of parenting. Ha, ha! Well Ella is showing more and more signs of being ready to potty train, but isn't quite training herself (I know of some that have done that). Therefore I am gonna have to step in and do the motherly duty. My trouble in biting the bullet is two things. Number one Jaxon still has accidents now and again, maybe just a boy thing. And number two is that he still needs diapers at night. He doesn't want diapers at night, but every time we give it a try I am doing a large load of laundry. So basically moms any advice on potty training would be great especially the night training issue. Thanks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
i dont know anything except my brother wet the bed til he was like 10. ok i did too. lol...
AND...i'm a loser and am just now remembering that i told you i'd call you and still HAVENT. :( sickness has literally overtaken my family...went from rig to me to addi and currently to gates. excuses excuses. i love talking to you...i shall call you sooooon! and i love all your posts. you're the best.
try looking up Dr. Phil's potty training in a day. He has some great advice. As far as night time goes. I've heard that some kids sleep so soundly they don't recognize that feeling when they are sleeping. Most kids will outgrow it by age 6. On an embarrassing personal note, I wet the bed well into first grade and my parents used a "beeper" which basically is like an electric blanket thing that when it gets wet it beeps really loud. It only took me one night of this beeper thing and I was cured. I'm sure you could look it up on the internet too. good luck!
With Bradley getting the dipper off at night took me to waking up in the night 2 times to get him up and taking him. He does really well now. He will get up on his own. Every child is different so what works for my kids might not work for yours. Just hang in there it will all work out in the end. And For Ella. When I was training Emmalee I just put on underwear and told her f she had to go to let me know. She was really easy. After 1 day of accident she was trained. You just have to have a lot of patience and realize that they are going to pee in their underwear for the first couple of day and that is ok. Just make sure they aren't on your carpet.
We tried going cold turkey at night with Allie- it took one week of wet mornings and then she was fine. Kevin on the other hand, just wakes up everytime he goes and I change sheets three times a night. Give it a try, if not try a morning incentive like you get a special sticker, breakfast, activity, toy etc if he wakes up dry. Oh and nothing to drink after dinner!Good luck!
I haven't had good luck with any of my potty ideas. Lately I've just been telling myself "you can lead a horse to water, but can't make her drink"... and I think I'll just wait another few months or more.
Post a Comment