Sunday, May 31, 2009

Black and White Days




I am an amazing blogger and do everything totally in order and on time. The thing is that I haven't had a camera for the past 5 plus months. Ours broke just about the time with moved and we just barely replace it for our anniversary. So I feel like I forget to blog because I have not picture and it is not very exciting without pictures. Oh, well I am gonna do this one late and with no pictures. So for those who don't know what black and white days is...it has nothing to do with race. Actually it is the oldest cow show west of the Mississippi and basically Richmond's yearly carnival/fair. Mmmmm, maybe not but that sounds really awesome and I think I might have heard that since I was kid or something. Anyhow I went with my sister, her baby, my dad, and my two kids to walk around and check out the cows on Tuesday. For some odd reason it was not quite as exciting as I remember it being when I was a kids. I do need to mention that if you haven't seen a lot of cows in person and up close you should. It is one interesting thing. There are some HUGE cows! Well, Saturday is the big day for my family. We start with the yearly Cowabunga race, which is always a good time. Followed by the chuck wagon breakfast. Then the rest of the day we check out some of the other events, have dutch oven food, and go to the big parade. It was so fun to be back and see so many people. I don't think I have been to Black and White days for over 4 years. My kids haven't been, in fact I think this may have been Jaxon's first parade ever. I know bad parents. Well it was a fun day all around.

1 comment:

Coretta from Confetti said...

Isn't it great to take your kids to the things you enjoyed as a kid?