So neither of my children care to do either of the above. Am I a bad mom? I have thought about this a lot lately feeling like yes I am a bad mom, but really...So, we had a potty party. I had heard about this and thought why not? Jaxon went around close to naked and/or on the potty for half of the day and did not go on it once. He went on the floor multiple times, but not on the potty. The kid literally sat on the potty for two hours and never went. So, maybe he isn't ready. I don't know what to do? I am the youngest I have no experience with any of this business. Next child! She is sure the sweetest thing, but absolutely is in no hurry to walk or talk for that matter. She is now 16 months and is finally taking a few steps here and there on her own. She has started to say a few words, but not too many. I am declaring ball to be her first words other than ma and da. It is so cute when she says it. She is usually holding a ball and says, "baaaahhhlll" (long and drawn out). I love kids, they bring out the best and worst in me it seems each and every day. But what a gift they are and I am so grateful to have them. I just hope I can let more of the best out and keep more of the worst inside!
Oh, so we are sort of in limbo with internet so hopefully soon I can post a bunch of pictures!
Friday, July 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Don't worry about the potty training, ha ha. Ethan isn't in a big rush either, which is kind of frustrating grrr. We need to go running!!! Call me!!
Well Jaiden was about 3.5 before he decided that he wanted to go potty and once he decided he wanted to he was full speed ahead. We just kept talking to him about it and bribed him with a new bike. Good luck, kids are so silly.
Potty training was slow and rough going for us as well. We switched to underwear and for weeks Andrew had to have his pants changed multiple times a day. Thank goodness the weather was warm and he could be outside a lot. Our kids were both slow talkers too. Belle doesn't have any distinguishable words yet (14 mo), but she communicates well in other ways. As long as the general trend is forward I try not to worry too much about the pace.
Post a Comment