Tuesday, July 14, 2009

On my mind

I have a lot to blog about...but for now I just need to write down what is on my mind. So, I have heard some people say that they don't like blogging because all people put are happy, beautiful, kind, wonderful things. In some ways this is often true. You know though life isn't always like that, whether we admit it on our blogs or not. Sometimes life is really hard and you wish there was a pause button or rewind to easier times button. There just isn't anything like that though. I guess that is all part of the plan. Sometimes it is just plain hard and you want to give up. Not an option. So even though things are hard right now I know that they will get better. I really just want to run home to my mommy, but I am that mommy now! That means I have to be the strong one and not let my kids see my doubt. Life is good. There are so many things to be grateful for and the problem is when we start looking at those things that we don't have or how every last little detail is going to work out. And you know when people ask how you are, when you feel like this you just want to get angry and ask them to live your life, but truth is they have their own issues. I really don't want anyone else's issues. I happen to love the three people that bring me the most issues, so much that it makes me crazy! What I am trying to say is that it is okay for things to be hard. It's okay to cry and wonder. But then we have to turn it over to Him! Man I wish I were better at that! If we do all that we can do, have faith, and trust...it will all work out. I guess that is my step right now, turn it over and wait for miracles. The real faith is to believe and know that miracles will happen!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Life is hard, crazy-psycho hard. But it's worth it. Right?

And to those people who don't like blogging because it's "happy",
Um... what's wrong with focusing on the positive side of life?

Life is so emotionally draining. It's nice to have something "happy".

Camie, I called you. We need to set up another talk appointment. Wink.

Johnsons said...

I think we're a lot alike in the needing to know everything that's going to happen area. Little by little, I've been giving up on that. Even when there's a very specific plan, or especially when that's the case, something comes along to change things. It seems so bad at the time, and we might never appreciate it while we're in this life, but we learn. There was a conference talk last fall where one of the speakers said that it doesn't matter as much what happens to us, as it does how WE respond to it. Sounds to me like you're responding pretty well. Call me.

Coretta from Confetti said...

ah you know I don't put all happy beautiful things... :) and that's sometimes the posts I like the most, because it's a vent for me. It's part of turning it over, expressing the frustration and letting it go... in that expression I often find humor and blessings.

Meagan said...

I am so glad you wrote that. I agree that life is hard, but if we trust in our Savior and have faith he will help us through anything. I hope you are doing ok.

Rigby's said...

What a blessing it is to have the perpective that God brings into our lives. Life will be hard and life will be wonderful. Thanks for being a great example of optimism and spiritual strengthening in hard times. Wish I was around to run and talk... a little 4-mile run does a body good. (or in your case a half marathon) Miss you!