Friday, July 17, 2009

Happy Birthday

Isaac is 29! Almost the big 30, just one more year. I love that his birthday is the same as the year...2009...29. He was born in 1980 so it makes it easy for me to remember how old he is. Anyhow do you ever think of blog posts while you are doing something and think how clever or cute they will sound. I do this often, but then once I post them they are never quite as cute or funny as I imagined them. So while I was making Isaac's cake I felt like posting about it. For some reason we have fallen into a tradition. I felt like maybe I have started to do it out of habit, but asked Ike and he said he wants and likes it so that is good. We eat almost the exact same meal for his birthday every year. Steak of some kind, usually funeral potatoes, rolls, and some veggies. But the most important part is the ice cream cake roll. Okay so if you have ever tried a bought ice cream cake. Forget about it. They are not good at all compared to homemade. Isaac's mom made this one year for him and then when we moved to AZ he wanted me to make it. I did the big experiment and it is so amazing. We usually use mint chocolate chip ice cream and hot fudge on top makes it awesome. Anyhow we ended up going out to eat last night because Isaac had worked all day and really didn't get to celebrate so we at least did that! Then we came home to enjoy yummy cake! I am so glad that Isaac was born and is my best friend forever!

No comments: