Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Gardens and moving
Okay we have now been living in our new place for 2 plus weeks so I guess it is time for me to write about it. Many people don't even know that we have moved. We are now living in Layton in a duplex. We will be here for at least a year and then see where the wind takes us. It has been a good change. We do miss the benefits and fun of being so close (or with) family! Last week our house finally sold and everything was finalized. It sure doesn't seem real since we aren't there to see any of it happen or hand over the keys. We will miss our little house, but so glad to have been able to enjoy it while we did. It was tiny but we loved it and especially loved the garden and yard that we put so much work into. I LOVE, love, Love to garden. Adding a garden was one of the first major things we did when we moved into our house. It wasn't a big square garden, but more like grow boxes spread out among our yard. And those grow boxes looked more like flower beds. We got a lot of produce from our little garden and learned about gardening in AZ. Two growing seasons was such a joy! We had one pepper plant that we had the entire time we lived there, over 2 1/2 years. Can you believe that. It kept producing and was awesome. Anyhow since we have moved and been back in Utah I have been so thrilled to see so many gardens. I am kind of a nerd and love to look at gardens. We have a path next to our new place and I go running on it. It has been so exciting to see how many amazing gardens there are. It is such an amazing thing to put a seed in the ground and watch something mature until you can eat from it. There is nothing more satisfying then producing your own food. I wish that I could do that with all of my food! For the time being we don't have our own garden, but really look forward to the day that we do. It is such a great time to be in nature, enjoy fresh air and sunshine, and most of all have some time for meditation. If you have never had a garden, give it a try. It might take some time to appreciate, but it is awesome. Oh and for now our cell phone numbers are the same if you need to get a hold of us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I love to garden as well. That is cool that you live in Layton. I hope you are liking it. It sounds like your Garden in AZ was awesome. Hopefully you can get one growing here next year.
What?! I had no idea you moved. Crazy. I hope all is well in Layton. My brother's sister-in-law lives in Syracuse. Let me know next time you come to the valley.
YEA!I am so glad that you were finally able to sell your home and that you are settled- at least for a little while. Good luck with your new place. And speaking of gardens, I finally have been able to plant one- and I actually have some little green tomatoes. I hope they live! I don't have a green thumg like you!
Glad you have settled in. I will have to call you when we are down that way and see if your around. I guess I should have invited you to come do my garden while you were here :) Hope all goes well for you. Have a great day.
Hello!!! I didn't know you moved!! You were supposed to stay up here dang it :) Call when you come back up and lets go run!
I love gardens too. I can't believe you had the same pepper plant for 2 1/2 years! That's amazing.
Post a Comment