Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sand Monster

Tonight there was an All Comer track meet at Sky View that the North Valley track club put together. So, I was there to help with it. Jaxon came along and we had planned for him to run. Well before we had a chance to get that accomplished he discovered the sand (as usual). The only difference tonight was that it has been raining non stop and it was more like a giant mud/water/sand puddle. Needless to say we never did get him away long enough to run any races. He literally spent about 2 plus hours playing in the sand. If only I had a pit like that in my back yard. You need nothing more than a huge pile of sand, a lot of water, and no rules about being clean and any 3 year old boy could be busy for hours. I wasn't gonna run in the race, but there is just something about running I just can't say no. So, I ran the 1600m. I really wanted to do the 800m as well, but stuck with the one race. I was pleasantly surprised with myself. I just might have to do it again sometime!

No comments: