After some encouragement from a friend I decided to run the Bear Lake marathon. Funny thing is that Alexie was only running the half marathon. There is just something about a full marathon that has too much of a draw for me. The scary thing was that I haven't done one in almost 5 years. That is a long time. I have also had two kids in that time and my body has changed. I was so scared. I trained pretty good, had a few awesome training runs and felt so prepared. It was an adventure. I finished second in my age category, 6th women, 19th overall. I did so well, almost to the point that I would have gotten a personal record, but as usual for me I hit the wall in a major way in the last few miles and had to really dig deep just to get to the finish line. I desperately wanted to be under 4 hours...guess what I finished in. Exactly 4 hours. I tried really hard at the end to sprint it in, but for some reason after 26 miles I didn't have much of a kick for the last .2! It was a good time and got me excited for another one. You can tell that I am writing this a week out! :) Anyone care to join me for one? I am tinkering with the idea of the Top of Utah full marathon. I am for sure gonna do the half marathon. Let me know if you are game? Oh, I have some funny stories from the marathon. Towards the end I always get a little delirous and for some reason this time I got really focused on this path that I knew was supposed to be coming at some time. I would ask Isaac everytime I saw him where the path was and how far away it was. The sad thing was that once I made it to the path it all went down hill....
P.S. Does anyone actually ever read my blog? I challenge you if you are a closet reader of my blog leave a comment just so that I know that anyone reads it! You know who you are. Just kidding!

12 comments:
This has nothing to do with your "PS" thing, but wow! Good job! That is so cool that you did that. I bet you had some endorphins pumping for a while...maybe that's what makes you want to do it again.
P.S. there is a Bear Lake Monster. Don't you remember the song from honor choir? Plus, you should have seen him on the beach when you ran between Laketown and Garden City.
I read your blog! I'm such a hypocrite, too, because I feel the same way...I want people to leave comments when they read my blog...but I rarely leave them. Good job on the run...you've always been a running inspiration to me.
First, at least 16 people read your blog. That's how many google reader subscribers you have.
And... your my HERO! You did it! Wahoo for you!
okay, so I'm a closet reader...I'll try better to leave comments. I am very very impressed you ran a marathon!!! Congrats on doing such a great job!
I plan on doing the Top of Utah Half! Not the full though, I'm not that brave! We need to go for a run!!
shut up.
you're amazing.
i want to be like you.
oh wait i'm pregnant and i can't do that right now.
maybe later! YES LATER!!
you're inspiring!!
AMAZING CAMIE!!! you go girl!!
-the best commenter.
Congrats Camie! I think you have done a great job over the years with your training, or just enjoyment of running. Your excitement rubs off on people and I just can't wait to run my 1st. Thanks for the inspiration! Keep sharing your training and events!
Congratulations on your run! I'm determined to get back into running and you're helping to motivate me. I've had a hard time getting up to a mile since having my kids.
And, yep- I'm one of your closet readers.
CONGRATS! I'm super proud of you that you ran that. I keep saying that someday I am going to be like you and run at least a half. Although I don't think my measly 3 miles a day is going to get me there.... but maybe with you as my rumming buddy again I could. What an inspiration!!!
WOW!! You did it you stinker. I really need to get my butt in gear if I'm going to run the St. George in 3 years. That really is inspiring and I hope you reach all your running goals, which I know you will.
Seriously, you are amazing to just run a marathon like that. Someday, I hope I can do that. Half-marathons are still a stretch for me...I don't know. You guys look great and I hope all is well. Where are you guys at?
Post a Comment