Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Hiding No More
I have been avoiding posting anything just because I wasn't quite ready to deal with any of it. Our lives have drastically changed course in the last few weeks and I guess now is as good a time as any to let it all be known. Well, the Thursday before Christmas (yes Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday Camie) Isaac was layed off. It was a huge bombshell to me. Other famiy members said they sort of thought it might happen. Well not me. So, we had a great debate of what to do next. Our plan for the holiday had been to come to Utah for two weeks which was what Isaac's break was supposed to be...maybe look for some jobs and then go back to Phoenix. Plans change. So currently we are living with Isaac's parents in Utah. Our house in Phoenix just went on the market yesterday. Yes, I know it is a bad time to be selling a house, but we are just having to work on a lot of faith right now. For some reason I really do feel like it will all work out for the bettering of our situation and lives in general. We feel a little sad to be moving so quickly. We are going to be going back down to settle all of our affairs some time (when the house sells or Ikes gets a job). We are all feeling a little bit homesick. Jaxon's asking to go home has reduced from 10-15 times per day down to probably only once or twice a day. I saw pictures of our house yesterday and felt extremely homesick! We are so lucky to have such supportive family to help us here in our efforts and great friends doing so much for us in Arizona. So...any suggestions on jobs or the such let us know! On to other happier things. We have had a great time over the holidays watching many football games, lots of Aggies games (yeah we have missed it so much), and spending lots of time with family. We have been helping get me sister ready to move into their house. We are so excited for them to have their house! Jaxon got a bike, golf clubs, and a camera for Christmas. He hasn't seemed too worried that he can't really use them too much with all of the snow. Oh, yeah, it has basically been snowing non stop since we got here. Also we have had a few nights of below zero temperatures. What fun! Well, thanks again for all of the love and support everyone is giving to us. If you need to contact us email and cell phones are the best way! Hope that everyone had a happy holiday. Most of all at this time of year and in our present circumstances we are so grateful to have the knowledge of the gospel. What joy we feel in knowing that we are an eternal family and that we have a Savior that was born for us. We are so glad to know that we can become clean through repentance. What a great example we have to follow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
So sorry about the job. Did they really have to do it right before Christmas? What kind of work does Issac want to do, and I will keep my eyes open. Well I'm happy you are back in the valley. Can we get together some time. I really want to meet your little girl.
Did you get my message about the job at Campbell Scientific? cambellsci.org (I think) I know you're still being here isn't the most happy thing for you right now, but it was so good to see you the other day. I would love to play sometime. Let's set up a play date.
camie everytime i look at your butter/cheese and see your christmas gift i've been wanting to give you...i feel sad that you're not here (esp when we're back in the ward)!!!! glad you feel peace and like there's a purpose though. :) we miss you. but enjoy the snow/utah/your fam camie! tell your kiddies hi!
Well man that stinks. Glad you have supportive family and friends around to help you out. I am jealous of the Aggie games though, I really do miss those.
Sorry to hear about the major job surprise and change! We'll definitely keep our eyes open for things too. What types of things is he looking at? We'll keep in touch. Take care!
You are amazing! Such a rough few weeks and here you are as optimistic as ever... thats what we all love about you.
Good luck!
Post a Comment