Monday, October 24, 2011

Attack of the Bees

We found a fun farm near us and decided to go and check it out. They had some U-pick raspberry patches. And anyone that knows us well knows that all of us LOVE raspberries. We decided to pick as many as we could. We actually went twice. The first time went off without a hitch. Well the second time I was in the thick of the patch and the kids followed me in. We did okay for a little while...then I think we disturbed a nest and we were all surrounded. Jaxon was getting stung like crazy. I had to figure out a way to get the three of us out of there. It was pretty crazy and we all left with some stings. Jaxon got the worst of it and was pretty upset for awhile, but seems to be not quite as paranoid of bees now!

Jaxon and the aftermath


The delicious reward

1 comment:

Laurel Baker said...

That is soooooo sad! I would have seriously FREAKED out! Glad everyone is ok now! Those raspberries do look WAY yummy though!