We had a lesson in church on talents. I think this is such an interesting topic. Some people have a hard time saying they have talents. I think that this is one of the adversaries tools to make us feel less than. Also having a talent doesn't mean that you are the best in the entire world at something. This is the part where I struggle most. I feel that I have a talent for health...what I mean by this is that I am very passionate about the health of our bodies and all of the facets that go along with that (exercise, eating right, and also the medicine side). I love to be fit and healthy, but I often struggle when I hear that someone is faster than me or has run more races than me or whatever it may be. This is where I need to learn to see my talent as my talent and be grateful that I have it and can improve upon it. I don't need to be the fastest woman in the world to have a talent. Also something I have loved over the years about my talent is sharing it with others. Whether that be in the friendships that I have made with other runners or helping someone else gain an appreciation or love for running. So, what is one of your talents? Think about it and improve upon and most of all share it with others!
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Talents
We had a lesson in church on talents. I think this is such an interesting topic. Some people have a hard time saying they have talents. I think that this is one of the adversaries tools to make us feel less than. Also having a talent doesn't mean that you are the best in the entire world at something. This is the part where I struggle most. I feel that I have a talent for health...what I mean by this is that I am very passionate about the health of our bodies and all of the facets that go along with that (exercise, eating right, and also the medicine side). I love to be fit and healthy, but I often struggle when I hear that someone is faster than me or has run more races than me or whatever it may be. This is where I need to learn to see my talent as my talent and be grateful that I have it and can improve upon it. I don't need to be the fastest woman in the world to have a talent. Also something I have loved over the years about my talent is sharing it with others. Whether that be in the friendships that I have made with other runners or helping someone else gain an appreciation or love for running. So, what is one of your talents? Think about it and improve upon and most of all share it with others!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment