Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Funny Sleepers

I have posted some of these before, but couldn't help compiling this small sample of pics!
The kids sleeping together on a twin mattress.
Random way Ella fell asleep when she wasn't feeling good.
Ella's usual thumb in mouth, blankie on, happy girl!
This is the funniest of them all. Ella fell asleep with this Lego chain across her face. I thought it was so funny how it just stayed perfectly there long enough for me to take a picture!
Jaxon hollers from his bedroom one night that there is no room for him to sleep because the legos are in his bed. I told him to just move them and go to sleep. This is what I found soon after. I guess he was just too tired to move the silly legos.

Okay so I have been known to do every funny thing you could do in your sleep. I used to sleep walk a fair amount. My sister tells a story of when I slept walked to the phone and was going to make a call. Also another time (maybe even the same time) I literally walked outside and started going for a walk. I have done lots of sleep talking. Another funny thing I remember doing when I was little was that I would want to be wherever the family was. I would be dead tired and really need to go to bed, but didn't want to miss out, so I would stay where the action was but fall asleep in random spots in the house. I have always been able to fall asleep quickly and am not very picky about where I sleep. Floor space works just fine for me. I am rather active while I sleep and move a LOT. Since I have been married to Isaac I have discovered that he has some rather funny sleep habits as well. When we first got married I would be woken up by him talking. I would try to figure out what he wanted or needed and inevitably he would get mad at me for waking him up. Oh, really!? So I learned to just listen and enjoy and not try to have a conversation with him when he is asleep. He has always worked in his sleep. He has had a variety of jobs and is always practicing his skills in his sleep. The sad thing is that I am sure we have passed on our random crazy sleep activites to our children. Jaxon is often found in random positions in his bed. Ella has her own interesting sleep issues. She is rarely found in her bed. I think I put her back in her bed every single night. I go to check on her to make sure she is okay and she is always on the floor. Most mornings I find her on the floor as well. I don't think she falls out of bed or anything I think she does it on her own. I have been thinking about doing a post about this for awhile because usually about once a week I make Isaac come into the kids room to see what crazy thing they are doing and then I take a picture. Makes for some good laughs!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

It's so funny and cute.

Laurel Baker said...

We have some similar sleep issues at our house! Brandon, and the boys on occasion, grinds his teeth in his sleep...something I wish he had mentioned before our wedding night...I woke up in the middle of the night to this loud grinding noise and look over and see Brandon's mouth moving around and making the grinding noise! Kinda scary! He also says some funny things when he is asleep, and like you, I have decided it is best not to try talking to him at that moment!! A few weeks ago I went in to check on the boys during the night and found Tyler asleep under his bed! No idea how he got there and he obviously didn't seem to notice because he was still asleep! Just makes you wonder what is going through our brains while we are asleep!!

Jenny said...

Great photos. I love the one of Jaxon just laying across his pillow because it was too much effort to move the legos.