On occasion I find myself feeling like Martha. Whenever I hear this story from the Bible I actually have my conscience pricked because I have a hard time letting the little stuff go. My sweet husband is completely opposite. He has a hard time remembering the small stuff, but is quick to "sit at Jesus feet" if you will. Yesterday Isaac had the day off. It was so wonderful to have him home and hear him playing with the kids. The only problem was that as I heard them playing I kept thinking you should be with them, but then there was the nagging of the meals to be made, the dishes to be washed, the miles to run, on and on the list goes. So I extend a question to you....how can a I become like Mary? I have a desire to always be at the Saviors feet, but worry that I am often too busy to allow Him into my life as fully as I need Him to be. I love Him. I want to be with Him. I want to always have Him first in my life. So give me your suggestions and ideas to help me become more like Mary.
Friday, November 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I don't know that you have to completely give up Martha to be more like Mary. Cleaning, cooking, and other details are important, necessary, and good things. Perhaps with Martha it wasn't that she was doing these necessary things instead of listening that was the issue- but that she was resentful of Mary's lack of help.
I think one of the most helpful things to me with that feeling you described is to try to be better about living in the present moment.
A schedule. Try scheduling time for certain things. Start small or you'll overwhelm yourself. Like 9 am you clean for 20 minutes, 10 am you play with your kids for 20 minutes.
Not that I follow a strict one myself. But there is a certain time I try to set aside just for the kids. I often use it for dishes, but I do try and that's what counts.
I love google calendar. I live by it.
How crazy!!! I was just thinking about that this week. Maybe we were reading the same Ensign? I feel like that too. I don't know how to remedy this but I'll be checking your blog to see the comments posted.
I'm so excited to see everyone in a couple of weeks!
Post a Comment