Sunday, September 27, 2009
The Family is of God
Today was one of those days that I wanted to record to be reminded of. I missed the RS general meeting last night so I was watching/listening to it this morning (they are quick these days!). It was wonderful, but after it I started listening to a movie about President Monson. It was an amazing movie. As the stories were told I felt so strongly that President Monson was prepared as a very young man to be a prophet of God! He was always so close to the spirit and listened to it. He told of one time when he didn't listen to the promptings of the spirit and lived to regret that time because he missed the opportunity to give someone a blessing before they died. As I listened to this I felt the spirit testify so strongly to me that he is a prophet of God and that he has the authority of God on the earth. What a blessing! Then today in church was our primary program. Normally I think these are cute and have fun watching them, but today was different for some reason. I needed a box of tissues! The theme for the year is my eternal family. Basically every song hit me for some reason or another. The one that hit the most is "The Family is of God." The whole thing is amazing if you haven't heard the whole thing find it so that you can. The chorus says, "God gave us families to help us become what He wants us to be-- This is how He shares His love, for the family is of God." I am so grateful that I have been given a family to help me become what He wants me to be. What an amazing thing! The last song was "Families Can be Together Forever." This one chokes me up every single time, but things that have happened in my ward lately made it hit home even more. Families are so wonderful and I am so glad to get the chance to be in Primary to feel the spirits of these sweet children. I have been reminded (VT message) that these children that I have are not really mine, but Heavenly Father's and that He has just given me the stewardship over them. What an incredible responsibility and blessing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love the lyrics to "the Family is of God". I've been glad to have the theme of eternal families in primary, the family really is central. Our primary program is coming up soon too.
Post a Comment