(October 2008 around 7 months old)
One year ago I got a special gift. I didn't know what it would be, but after it was all cleaned off we found out it was a little, precious baby girl. So, this is purely for me because I have been thinking about it all day. Ella's birth story is a little unique so I will retell it. I had a dr's appointment that morning. I had been having contractions when I got up at 7am, but the dr just said I was at 2cm and scheduled another appointment. I was very worried because we had two babysitters set up to take care of Jaxon and both of them had parties planned for that night. I thought for sure that I would be another week or so since Jaxon had come late. Well, as the day progressed I knew that it was for real. In the afternoon (with contractions progressing pretty good) I called one of my sisters. She didn't think I sounded too far...I wanted to cry. I also talked to Isaac who didn't seem to take me very seriously either. Well, once Ike finally got home from work he could tell that I was serious. He took Jaxon to the baby-sitter and then we raced to the hospital. There were a few times when I really wondered if we would make it on time. Once we got there they started asking a lot of questions. I was a little annoyed to say the least. Well once they took me serious and a nurse checked me I was already dilated to an 8. She got a little freaked out and grabbed some guy (I think he was the janitor) from the hallway and said, "we gotta get her up now." I was a bit out of it by this point, but I do remember thinking why isn't my husband with me. Well the elevator door wouldn't shut and thank heavens. It gave Ike time to join us. As soon as he found us on the elevator the door shut. The ride from the elevator to the room was crazy and I kid you not within seconds of entering the room Miss Ella entered the world. Two quick pushes. She was a tiny thing. 6lbs 8oz! That is pretty unheard of in my family. I can truly say that she is a rare treasure. I have loved having a sweet little girl in our family. What a joy it is to be a parent. I cannot believe my baby is one year old today! The time has literally flown by. If only we could bottle that time somehow. Each day is precious...

(This is a classic picture of my sweet little Ella, sucking her thumb. Is there anything cuter than a baby sucking their thumb?)
(This is Ella on her blessing day in her beautiful blessing dress made by her Grandma Thomson)

4 comments:
She is so cute!!
I'm glad you shared your story because all I heared was that it was quick! What an exciting memory. I love her pictures, she is so sweet.
Such cute photos, and I love your birth story.
Ella looks adorable! Can't believe she is one and I still haven't met her!!! Hopefully we'll see you soon
Post a Comment