....for I am going away. Not to the circus, not to the pool, can't you guess I am going to school! I remember this song from when I was in kindergarten. So this week we hit a big milestone in our family. Jaxon started school! We have had a few visits to the school for orientation, registration, and back to school night. So I figured we were all prepared. I knew I was not gonna be one of those moms that cries....except that I did. As I walked Jaxon to school I had to keep biting my lip to stop myself from crying, especially when he said I am gonna miss you mom, and Mia, and Ella. When we got to school the kids lined up next to the wall and they just walked in. I couldn't even say anything I just had to wave. I felt super apprehensive about just leaving him like that, but also didn't want to be a bothersome mom. So instead I walked away and started crying like a baby. I called my mom sobbing, then ran to Isaac's work. Between those three things I felt better. I am still unsure that taking him tomorrow will be any easier! He did come home from school and tell me that he did miss me during the day. I am not sure how kids get to this point so fast. And I will never tease another mother for crying when they take their kids to school for the first time.
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Today is a wonderful day...
....for I am going away. Not to the circus, not to the pool, can't you guess I am going to school! I remember this song from when I was in kindergarten. So this week we hit a big milestone in our family. Jaxon started school! We have had a few visits to the school for orientation, registration, and back to school night. So I figured we were all prepared. I knew I was not gonna be one of those moms that cries....except that I did. As I walked Jaxon to school I had to keep biting my lip to stop myself from crying, especially when he said I am gonna miss you mom, and Mia, and Ella. When we got to school the kids lined up next to the wall and they just walked in. I couldn't even say anything I just had to wave. I felt super apprehensive about just leaving him like that, but also didn't want to be a bothersome mom. So instead I walked away and started crying like a baby. I called my mom sobbing, then ran to Isaac's work. Between those three things I felt better. I am still unsure that taking him tomorrow will be any easier! He did come home from school and tell me that he did miss me during the day. I am not sure how kids get to this point so fast. And I will never tease another mother for crying when they take their kids to school for the first time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I LOVE how it is so dark in the morning, and that your kids have coats on, and that you cried! Just shows what a good mom you are! I can't believe how big your kids are getting! I thought Ella had brought her doll with her at first! I am still not use to Mia being there! :)
It's quite the emotional thing, isn't it? I saw so many other parents chocked up and crying on Andrew's first day.
Oh Camie. Welcome to the bawling mothers club!
Post a Comment