So, this is how my kids spend a lot of their time. We only have one car. So, my options are to either stay home all of the time or to walk places. I am not against the idea of getting another car. (Some day it will happen!) But I always tease Isaac that if we get another car I will probably gain weight. So, what I have been thinking lately as I walk places is that people used to walk every where and now that we have so many cars people seldom walk anywhere. So, I guess I am encouraging you all to walk instead of drive somewhere!
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Walk instead of Drive
So, this is how my kids spend a lot of their time. We only have one car. So, my options are to either stay home all of the time or to walk places. I am not against the idea of getting another car. (Some day it will happen!) But I always tease Isaac that if we get another car I will probably gain weight. So, what I have been thinking lately as I walk places is that people used to walk every where and now that we have so many cars people seldom walk anywhere. So, I guess I am encouraging you all to walk instead of drive somewhere!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Amen sister.
That is why Phoenix/Mesa area is the 4th fattest area in the country. Everyone drives.
how does Utah rank I wonder!? We see a lot of people walk/jog/biking here. I guess I can't blame the people in AZ it is just plain HOT!
That's a reason why I've heard people in Europe aren't as overweight- they walk everywhere. It's a different mindset there- if your work is a 20 to 30 minute walk from your home then of course you walk; you wouldn't drive to something that close.
Post a Comment