Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Mia


Last belly picture. I think I look huge, but I do give myself some slack...since I was in labor for these pictures!

The older brother and sister loving their new baby sister!

Our family of 5!




The tie is broken in our family and the girls are now winning with the arrival of little Miss Mia. She was born on 07-07-11 exactly one week before her due date. It is a strange thing when you go into labor. Both times I have known I was in labor with the girls, Jaxon was a different story. Both times I tried to deny it because there were still "things that needed to be done before the baby." Also funny how I found myself doing certain things the day before Mia was born. It was just after the July 4th weekend and a big family reunion we had. We had planned to spend the 4th with family, but decided to come home that morning and just be at home for the holiday. So the next day after a very busy previous week I was exhausted, but I found myself feeling very adamant about washing all of the baby stuff. I figured I couldn't be nesting because I had no energy. Funny thing was that I spend pretty much the whole next day in labor. I went for a good walk in the morning and then realized I had lost my mucus plug. I didn't think too much about it. But as the day progressed I was having contractions all day long. They were not too hard and not very consistent. I finally in the late afternoon called my parents to come and stay with the other kids. I really had to talk myself into do that because I wasn't sure and didn't want to make them do the drive multiple times. Well Isaac and I went in to the midwifes office and she checked me and basically said she wasn't convinced I was in labor! What!? I was pretty bothered by that so what to do next...go to Costco, of course. After that adventure we came home, got the kids in bed, and that's when labor really kicked in. I was stopping for contractions and not doing much talking. Isaac insisted we go in around 10:30-11pm. I was checked and they said I was a 4. Again I was so disappointed. Well things progressed surprisingly quickly and at 1:03pm we had our 7lbs 13oz healthy baby girl. Everyone there commented on how fast it had gone...doesn't feel quite as fast for the laboring mama, but so glad she is here! It was nice to have my midwife there. Also we have had a room full for both of our other deliveries which happened at shift change time, so it felt so much smaller and more intimate this time! Thus far Mia has been an amazing baby. She is loved a little too much sometimes. She has been picked up a couple of times by her adoring 3 year old sister (scary for the mother). And Ella has tried to share her goldfish with her. Soon after Mia was born Ella said that when she was born her name used to be Mia, too! Jaxon was pretty convinced that we should name her Princess Lea. He hasn't brought up that name for awhile, so I guess he is okay with our choice.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Congratulations to a beautiful baby and family!

Alexie said...

She is so cute Camie!! You guys make pretty babies!!

Muranaka Family said...

Congrats! Another girl will be so fun. She is adorable and you look fantastic. Isn't being a mom so fun!

Jenny said...

Congratulations!!!!